Posted to stonehenge-dev@incubator.apache.org by Vineet ghatge <vg...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/11 08:37:20 UTC

HELP-metro contribution

Hello all,

I was successful in doing the till "verify the deployment".The next step
according to the manual is " Metro StockTrader Configuration".

The document refers to .NET script which sets up the database.I was not able
to make out as which code its talking about.Could someone send me the link?

I have been using a old version of setup_utilites(downloaded on 30/3/09)
.Will this be of any use?

With Regards,
Vineet Ghatge H

Fwd: HELP-metro contribution

Posted by Vineet ghatge <vg...@gmail.com>.
Posted by Vineet ghatge <vg...@gmail.com>.

Re: HELP-metro contribution

Posted by Ranjitha V <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

I finished running through the test scenarios as well. I used "uid:0"
and "xxx".

I observed the following:

-> Choosing METRO_BS, I am able to successfully login with all the other OPS
(DOTNET,PHP,
    JAVA - both secured and non secure)
-> However, actual transactions of "buy" and "sell" are not happening in any
of the combination
    of services.
-> If I choose a different BS i.e,apart from METRO, I am unable to log in.

Should we make some changes in the order processor? Because I think a
combination
of METRO_BS and METRO_OPS should result in a successful transaction. Right?

-Ranjitha

Re: HELP-metro contribution

Posted by Ranjitha V <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hello Ben,

Re: HELP-metro contribution

RE: HELP-metro contribution

Posted by Ben Dewey <Be...@26ny.com>.
Try using Windows Authentication.  Set your SetupAction/App.config to authType setting to 'Integrated'

Just guessing, I'm not sure what's happening in your environment.  The thought is that your account doesn't have access to create a login.

-Ben

Posted by Vineet ghatge <vg...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ben,

RE: HELP-metro contribution

Posted by Ben Dewey <Be...@26ny.com>.
Vineet,

I think the old trade account may remain from the previous installation.  Can you try to manually delete the old trade account from SQL Server?

Re: HELP-metro contribution

RE: HELP-metro contribution

Posted by Ben Dewey <Be...@26ny.com>.
What do you mean by the database was populated for a couple of seconds?

Are you comfortable with SQL Management Studio?  Can you manually see if the Database or User were created?

-Ben

I tried running the scripts as per ming's intsructions,when I ran the setup
actions.exe file I got the following errors:-
system.expection:unable to login with newly created trade user
account,Error:login failed for the user 'trade'
at setupactions.setupaction.createdatabase(string databasename,string
userid,string password) in
C:\stocktraderdemo\setup_utilities\SetupActions\setupactions.cs

 This error was generated after  the database was populated for couple of
seconds

I was not able to fix the Bug,can some one suggest where the problem is?

With Regards,
Vineet Ghatge H

Re: HELP-metro contribution

Posted by Vineet ghatge <vg...@gmail.com>.
Hi prajwal,

No there is no attachment at all

I suppose the mailing list does not support attachment,last time ranjitha
tried sending a file,,it did not work though

With Regards,
Vineet Ghatge H

Re: HELP-metro contribution

Posted by Prajwal Muralidhara <Pr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Vineet,
  Check your browser settings. You may have to click button like "show
images from....". Generally happens if image type is not jpeg/jpg. I'm
sending the same mail once again for clarity.

Prajwal

Re: HELP-metro contribution

Posted by Vineet ghatge <vg...@gmail.com>.
Hi Prajwal,

Your snapshot is missing

Re: HELP-metro contribution

Posted by Prajwal Muralidhara <Pr...@Sun.COM>.
hi Ben,
  I'm stuck in changing the config part. I have followed the steps as u
have said. I was able to successfully populate the database by running
SetupActions.exe. But when i click the config tab in
http://localhost:8090/trader_client, I get this error message
"javax.faces.FacesException: Cant instantiate class:
org.apache.stonehenge.stocktrader.bean.ConfigServiceBean.. Network error
IOException: Connection refused: connect".
  I am attaching the snapshot. Kindly suggest me how to deal with this
problem.

Regards

Prajwal

RE: HELP-metro contribution

Re: HELP-metro contribution

Posted by Ranjitha V <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ben,

RE: HELP-metro contribution

Posted by Ben Dewey <Be...@26ny.com>.
Vineet,

Re: HELP-metro contribution

Re: HELP-metro contribution

Posted by Ming Jin <sk...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Vineet

You can find those db files under /setup_utilities/DataLoad.
Otherwise, you can first set up .NET version of StockTrader to initialize
the basis environment.

--
Ming Jin

Consultant
Thoughtworks, Inc
Mobile: +86 135-2125-6300
Email: skyairmj@gmail.com
MSN: skyairmj@hotmail.com
Blog:  http://blogjava.net/mingj
Twitter: https://twitter.com/mingjin

RE: HELP-metro contribution

Posted by Ben Dewey <Be...@26ny.com>.
If you already have the DB setup from a .NET installation all you would need to do is add the endpoints to the Services table.

See my walk-thru doc from last night for a screenshot.

-Ben