Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Ch...@vosa.gov.uk on 2006/08/14 12:17:36 UTC

object instance security

Out of the box, does ofbiz allow for fine grained security of my custom
entities (i.e. at the object instance level)?

Many thanks ...
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  Any views or opinions presented may be those of the originator and do not necessarily represent those of VOSA.

If you were not the intended recipient, you have received this email andany attached files in error; in which case any storage, use, dissemination,forwarding, printing, or copying of this email or its attachments is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error please destroy all copies and notify the sender
[and postmaster@vosa.gov.uk] by return email.

VOSA's computer systems may be monitored and communications carried on them recorded, to secure the effective operation of the system and for other lawful purposes.

Nothing in this email amounts to a contractual or other legal commitment on the part of VOSA unless confirmed by a communication signed on behalf of the Secretary of State.

It should be noted that although VOSA makes every effort to ensure that all emails and attachments sent by it are checked for known viruses before transmission, it does not warrant that they are free from viruses or other defects and accepts no liability for any losses resulting from
infected email transmission.

Visit www.vosa.gov.uk for information about the Vehicle & Operator Services Agency.

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by Government Secure Intranet (GSi)  virus scanning service supplied exclusively by Cable & Wireless in partnership with MessageLabs.
On leaving the GSI this email was certified virus free.
The MessageLabs Anti Virus Service is the first managed service to achieve the CSIA Claims Tested Mark (CCTM Certificate Number 2006/04/0007), the UK Government quality mark initiative for information security products and services.  For more information about this please visit www.cctmark.gov.uk

Re: object instance security

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.
On Aug 14, 2006, at 4:17 AM, Christopher.Snow@vosa.gov.uk wrote:

> Out of the box, does ofbiz allow for fine grained security of my
> custom
> entities (i.e. at the object instance level)?
>
> Many thanks ...

Could you describe a bit more about what your intended use of this
would be? Perhaps something like a business story?

There are some entity-level permission resources in the security and
entity engine parts of OFBiz, but they aren't used much as we
generally go with data driven logic layer permissions more than data
driven data layer permissions.

-David