Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Derek VerLee <de...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/08 17:54:19 UTC

Do timestamps and watermarks exist after window evaluation?

When composing ("chaining") multiple windowing operations on the same
stream are watermarks transmitted down stream after window evaluation,
and are the records emitted from WindowFunctions given timestamps? Do I
need to or should I always assignTimestampsAndWatermarks to the
outputsof window evaluations if I want to window again? If automatically
assigned, how should I think about them in an event time context? Would
the event time of a record resulting from a WindowFunction be the
window's end time in the case of a TimeWindow?

Re: Do timestamps and watermarks exist after window evaluation?

Posted by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org>.
Hi,

This new section in the windowing documentation will help answer your question: https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.4/dev/stream/operators/windows.html#working-with-window-results <https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.4/dev/stream/operators/windows.html#working-with-window-results>

Please let me know if you have any further questions. :-)

Best,
Aljoscha