Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Benjamin Morganstern <be...@yahoo.com> on 2005/06/25 01:53:02 UTC

HttpMethodCloner status?

Hi,

Does anyone know the current status of the
HttpMethodCloner class in the contrib package?
Specifically, does it still work for 3.0?

I ask because there is no build target with the source
for the contrib stuff and HttpMethodCloner is calling
deprecated methods (setStrictMode/isStrictMode) so it
seems it hasn't been tested lately.

Ben

Re: HttpMethodCloner status?

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
Benjamin,
HttpMethodCloner has been deprecated and is no longer maintained. The
whole idea of cloning HttpMethod seems odd to me. One would be much
better off applying the Object Factory pattern to achieve the same net
result

Oleg