Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2010/06/14 20:44:34 UTC

extension field in PartyContactMech entity, why?

I spent some hours today to track a non obvious bug in updatePartyContactMech service. I must say that I find very weird to have the
extension field in PartyContactMech entity. It would be certainly more logical to have it in TelecomNumber. Is it really used for
anything else than phone number extension?

Thanks

Jacques

Re: extension field in PartyContactMech entity, why?

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
OK, I opened "the book" at p.55 and I see it there in PCM and I understand it's there because of Party Role Type which makes sense
indeed.
But it's really not obvious when you are working in services...

Jacques

From: "BJ Freeman" <bj...@free-man.net>

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.