Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Bjoern Teipel <bj...@internetbrands.com> on 2013/09/24 08:48:32 UTC

LXC

A question came up if LXC might be useful for  cloudstack and I
personally agree that's a pretty interesting product for all those
internet guys like me who runs their hardware to the extreme.
I came today across an interesting podcast
(http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/08/01/speaking_in_tech_episode_69/)
which covers also the announcement of Openstack and AWS API and they
mentioned LXC support's being developed on. More info at
http://tech.gilt.com/post/41713823209/adding-lxc-support-to-cloudstack
So I hope we'll getting a new toy pretty soon ...

Regards,
Bjoern

RE: LXC

Posted by "Musayev, Ilya" <im...@webmd.net>.
Openshift, to best of my knowledge, leverages advanced SELinux rules  and not LXC for their cartridges. They presented on CCC13 and when asked why would you not run LXC instead, response was "we don't think its mature enough"... I don't know what to make of their response, but I guess being redhat they would know better.

Re: LXC

Posted by "Teipel, Bjoern" <bj...@internetbrands.com>.
No I didn't try yet, but I will.

Re: LXC