Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "O. Olson" <ol...@yahoo.it> on 2014/09/25 15:48:34 UTC

Setting of Default Boost in Edismax Search Handler

I have a setup very similar to the "/browse" handler in the example
(http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/dev/trunk/solr/example/example-DIH/solr/db/conf/solrconfig.xml?view=markup)

I am curious if it is possible to set a default boost function (e.g.
&bf=log(qty)) , so that all query results would reflect it.

Thank you,
O. O.

Re: Setting of Default Boost in Edismax Search Handler

Posted by "O. Olson" <ol...@yahoo.it>.
I'm grateful to elyograg and erikhatcher on the #solr IRC for helping me with
this question. They first pointed me to the Edismax documentation's boost
parameter at
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/ExtendedDisMax#bf_.28Boost_Function.2C_additive.29
and asked me to put the following in my solrconfig.xml where I define my
request handler:

<str name="bf">log(qty)</str>

This worked perfectly for me.
Thanks again.