Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Barrie Slaymaker <rb...@telerama.com> on 2000/09/01 08:04:25 UTC

Re: [OT] DNS question (slightly mod_perl related...)

Matt Sergeant wrote:

> Yes, I believe the entry is simply *.domain.com!
>
> Then use mod_rewrite to map the right folder.

Yup.  Beware though, there are certain issues you may need to think of if
you're going to be sending/receiving mail from these domain names.  One
problem is the reverse name lookup that mail transfer agents (sendmail,
qmail, etc).  But if all you're doing is web serving, should be Ok.

- Barrie