Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Thomas D'Silva <tw...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/21 16:35:27 UTC

(Unknown)

I would like to contribute a class based on the MoreLikeThis class in
contrib/queries that generates a query based on the tags associated
with a document. The class assumes that documents are tagged with a
set of tags (which are stored in the index in a seperate Field). The
class determines the top document terms associated with a given tag
using the information gain metric.

While generating a MoreLikeThis query for a document the tags
associated with document are used to determine the terms in the query.
This class is useful for finding similar documents to a document that
does not have many relevant terms but was tagged.

I created a patch LUCENE-1910.patch that demonstrates this class, I would
appreciate any feedback.

Thomas