Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by robert burrell donkin <rd...@apache.org> on 2003/09/06 22:29:42 UTC

[PROPOSAL] Add Lucene Distribution To Mirrors

the apache software foundation policy concerning releases is now that all
releases should be available only through:

1. the main mirrored ASF distribution directories
2. the main ASF archives

lucene is not currently available through the mirrors.

my proposal is that:

1. the latest lucene release (1.2) be summed, signed and added to the
mirrored directories
2. the release candidates be moved onto cvs.apache.org
3. all requests for downloads from the  be redirected to the main jakarta
binary download page where the latest release can be download or the link
to the archives can be followed

(unless someone else steps forward) i'll volunteer to carry out this work.
  (unless someone corrects me) i'll assume that the decision will proceed
by lazy consensus. (unless someone forces a vote before then) i'll carry
out this work sometime after 12 noon GMT wednesday (10th september).

- robert

Re: [PROPOSAL] Add Lucene Distribution To Mirrors

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Robert,

That would be great, thanks for the help.
Will somebody have to do this manually for future releases of Lucene?

Otis

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com