Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Jack Bates <6n...@nottheoilrig.com> on 2017/02/08 17:28:44 UTC

PSA: "make check" and unused library dependencies

In #1408 [1], I added a script to the "make check" target that checks
for programs that are linked with libraries they don't in fact use.
(It runs "ldd --unused --function-relocs" on all the programs that we
install.)

To get this check to pass, I pruned the LIBS variables in our Makefiles,
and added --as-needed to the linker flags.

I don't expect this check will fail on your platform (it passes on the
platforms that I've tried), but if it does fail for you, I'd be
interested to hear about it.

Thanks!

[1] https://github.com/apache/trafficserver/pull/1408