Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/06 13:42:09 UTC

Re: query regarding the non-gui mode

On 06/01/06, sarath chandra <ap...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> hi,
>
>  I'm using Jmeter1.9.1 version.

This is very old.

Consider upgrading.

> I need to use it in non-gui mode for my distributed
> testing.
> When i'm giving the command as below
>
> jmeter -n -r -Jremote_hosts=host1,host2 -tSample.jmx
>
> The above command is throwing exceptions :
>
> java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: -1, Size:
> 2
>        at
> java.util.LinkedList.entry(LinkedList.java:356)
>        at
> java.util.LinkedList.set(LinkedList.java:313)
>        at
> org.apache.jorphan.collections.ListedHashTree.replace(ListedHashTree.java:171)
>        at
> org.apache.jmeter.engine.ConvertListeners.addNode(ConvertListeners.java:65)
>        at
> org.apache.jorphan.collections.HashTree.traverse(HashTree.java:894)
>        at
> org.apache.jmeter.engine.ClientJMeterEngine.run(ClientJMeterEngine.java:150)
>
> As its very urgent,Please help me in finding the
> correct format to give the command to run the test at
> the system names specified.

No idea what the problem is, but try changing remote_hosts in
jmeter.properties instead of using the -J flag - that may work better.

Re: query regarding the non-gui mode

Posted by sarath chandra <ap...@yahoo.co.in>.
hii
thanks for the quick reply.
i have given in the same format as you mentioned &
still the following exceptions are thrown.

IndexOutOfBoundsException Index: -1, Size: 3

	at java.util.LinkedList.entry(LinkedList.java:356)

	at java.util.LinkedList.set(LinkedList.java:313)

	at
org.apache.jorphan.collections.ListedHashTree.replace(ListedHashTree.java:171)

	at
org.apache.jmeter.engine.ConvertListeners.addNode(ConvertListeners.java:59)

	at
org.apache.jorphan.collections.HashTree.traverse(HashTree.java:893)

	at
org.apache.jmeter.engine.ClientJMeterEngine.run(ClientJMeterEngine.java:157)

	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

I need to execute in remote mode as i need to execute
many scripts with many users ie above 1000.
so if any bug fix present please let me know asap.
thanks in advance,
apaseani.

=== message truncated ===

Re: query regarding the non-gui mode

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sarath chandra <ap...@yahoo.co.in>.
hi,

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: query

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Why use an ant script? This just adds to the overhead.

The cheapest is to run scripts in non-GUI, non-remote mode, using a
command of the form:

jmeter -n -t testplan.jmx -l testplan.jtl

or equivalently:

jmeter-n testplan.jmx

Remove ALL listeners - the -l flag creates one.

You may be able to play with the JVM settings - have a look in the
jmeter shell scripts, and check your JVM documentation.

S.

query

Posted by sarath chandra <ap...@yahoo.co.in>.
hi