Posted to dev@systemml.apache.org by Matthias Boehm <mb...@googlemail.com> on 2017/06/10 03:50:31 UTC

Handling of File URI Schemes

just FYI: in the process of making SystemML work smoothly w/ object stores,
we fixed our handling of file URI schemes. So now, you can read/write
from/to different file systems, independent of the configured default fs
implementations. For example you can now do something like this

A = read("file:///<file on local disk>");
B = read("./<file on default fs>");
C = read("swift://<container>/<file in object store>");

which also allows you to read local files even if HDFS is the default fs
implementation. The same applies to our scratch_space configuration, which
however, requires some additional work.

Regards,
Matthias