Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ovidiu Predescu <ov...@cup.hp.com> on 2001/11/11 00:20:44 UTC

Re: WAR file containing all that's needed for running Cocoon2

Yes, you can do that.

Create the following directory structure:

your-webapp/
  cocoon.xconf
  sitemap.xmap
  your/own/custom/directories/
  WEB-INF/
    logkit.xconf
    web.xml
    logs/
    lib/
      avalon-excalibur-4.0.jar
      avalon-framework-4.0.jar
      batik-libs.jar
      cocoon.jar
      dom2.jar
      hsqldb.jar
      jakarta-regexp.jar
      javac.jar
      logkit.jar
      maybeupload.jar
      resolver.jar
      xalan.jar
      xerces.jar

You can remove various jar files if you don't need them. For example
you can remove batik libs if you don't use SVG, javac if you're using
jikes (which BTW is a very fast compiler, and should give you a nice
performance boost), hsqldb if you don't need HSQLDB database support
etc.

Ovidiu Predescu <ov...@cup.hp.com>
http://sourceforge.net/users/ovidiu/ (my SourceForge page)

Posted by Matteo Di Giovinazzo <ma...@infinito.it>.
Thanks for the answer! Can you show me the basic content of cocoon.xconf?
I know that sitemap.xmap contains components and pipelines ecc...

TIA, matteodg