Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Danny Mui <da...@muibros.com> on 2004/07/13 21:32:37 UTC

Nightly Struts Validator Issues

If you run the examples from the nightly, the javascript validation
doesn't work too well.  Haven't had a chance to look at server side
messages but I'm assuming it's the same deal.

ie.

<field    property="newPassword" depends="maxlength">
          <arg key="form.login.newPassword" />
          <arg name="maxlength" key="${var:maxlength}" resource="false"/>
               <var>
                    <var-name>maxlength</var-name>
                    <var-value>30</var-value>
               </var>
</field>

The resulting message would be:
[30 can not be greater than null characters]

I made a change to org.apache.struts.validator.Resources to prepend the
first default argument (trying to stay consistent with how it "used" to
work) since the message seems to be missing a paramter.

Was there an intention to designate a 'field description' tag somewhere
along in struts/commons-validator?  Need a lil guidance before or stop
orders ;).

Thanks!

danny