Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Mircea Toma <mi...@home.com> on 2001/10/16 02:50:36 UTC

.sar install

Hi,

I refactored org.apache.avalon.phoenix.tools.installer.Installer to avoid
the expansion of .sar file at startup. avalon-demo.sar and ftp-server.sar
are working fine, jesktop.sar is starting but it has some errors at startup.
Paul please check it out and let me know if I can help!

Mircea

Re: .sar install

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Peter,

>We still need to extract the .sar at runtime as a few people will rely on
>this (ie James).

Maybe a mainfest entry to say whther the sar needs to be unpacked.
 Jesktop. FtpServer and Demo(s) do not.  It's very convenient for
re-deployment for them not to be unpacked.

- Paul H

Re: .sar install

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 16 Oct 2001 10:50, Mircea Toma wrote:
> I refactored org.apache.avalon.phoenix.tools.installer.Installer to avoid
> the expansion of .sar file at startup. avalon-demo.sar and ftp-server.sar
> are working fine, jesktop.sar is starting but it has some errors at
> startup. Paul please check it out and let me know if I can help!

We still need to extract the .sar at runtime as a few people will rely on
this (ie James).

I am going to have a hack tonight so I may try to implement the SAR-INF/
system I talked about not long ago. SO everything within SAR-INF is kept in
jar while everything else is extracted to filesystem. I will keep it backward
compatible and just issue a warning if you use the old form.

Sounds good?

--
Cheers,

Pete

Re: .sar install

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Mircea,

>Paul please check it out and let me know if I can help!

Fixed.  My crap error handling & nothing to do with .sar install!

Regards,

- Paul H

Re: .sar install

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Mircea,

>I refactored org.apache.avalon.phoenix.tools.installer.Installer to avoid
>the expansion of .sar file at startup. avalon-demo.sar and ftp-server.sar
>are working fine, jesktop.sar is starting but it has some errors at startup.
>Paul please check it out and let me know if I can help!

I'll fix.  Thanks for tip-off.

- Paul H