Posted to women@apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@d-haven.org> on 2005/08/10 22:03:48 UTC

Danese Cooper wrote:

>Great!  Could we request a women@ wiki page so we can capture what we
>learn?  Should we wait until we've passed the "whether to be a public
>list" question?  I'm just hating the idea of capturing in Stickies,
>since now sometimes I'm using 3 separate laptops (each with different
>OSes)...

:) yet another person who shares my plight...

We might be able to set it up with a login required for that section.  I
can check.

Re: Wiki

Posted by susan wu <su...@arctic.org>.

> That topic didn't get much time here for discussion
> and other people's opinion. Please let the world
> turn a little bit, and we will get a better result.

Haha. Yes, I have learned in my time here that things in ASF-land tend to
move a little more slowly, and it's better to let ideas/proposals
percolate a little bit.

Re: Wiki

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Berin Loritsch wrote:
> Danese Cooper wrote:
>
> >Excellent!  Thank you so much :-).  Do we need to bribe someone to
> >instantiate for us?  I read the documentation and it was heavy on "ask
> >your PMC or be prepared to wait a long time"...

That is because Infrastructure is completely overwhelmed.
So any request for any resource needs to be carried out
and supported by the project.

> I made the request, but seeing as we don't have a PMC we are relying on
> some good graces

That topic didn't get much time here for discussion
and other people's opinion. Please let the world
turn a little bit, and we will get a better result.

Is the overhead in creating and managing a separate
wiki really worth the effort? I reckon that it would
be better to just use the wiki.apache.org/general

-David

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@d-haven.org>.

Posted by Danese Cooper <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@d-haven.org>.