Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Aji Janis <aj...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/21 16:32:18 UTC

ETL Tools

Hello users,

I am interested in hearing about what sort of ETL tools are you using with
your cloud based apps. Ideally, I am looking ETL(s) with the following
feature:

-free (yup)
-open-source/community support
-handles different types of sources or atleast has plugins may be (email,
rss, filesystem, relational databases, etc)
-can load data to Hbase(or hdfs)
-ease of use (eg: setting up a new extract source shouldn't be a week long
effort)

I am open to combining multiple ETLs to get the job done too. Any
suggestions? Thank you for your time

Re: ETL Tools

Posted by Lenin Raj <em...@gmail.com>.
We have used Pentaho in our projects.. it meets all your conditions. It can
connect to hadoop.

Good community support too.

--
Lenin.