Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/13 09:58:22 UTC

Problem with confluence wiki edit mode after upgrade

Hi,

I wanted to update our snapshot page
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds
and noticed that I got a new wysiwig editor. The problem I have is that
I generate the table and other sections with a script and copy paste
them later in the wiki. Currently I am not able or at least haven't
found how to switch to the old editor.

Does anybody know how I can switch back to the old editor of if it is
possible at all?

Juergen

Re: Problem with confluence wiki edit mode after upgrade

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.

and http://minus.com/i/bbkQw6IXzmCO4 As said in one of the comments, you
> can insert the Wiki Markup, but cannot edit it (as Wiki Markup).

mmh, great enhancement ... what a bullshit and waste of time. This
editor is a not really usable and one more reason to drop confluence
for our purposes and use Mediawiki.

Changing links for example is select - click edit - change in the
dialog - save ...

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi Jürgen,

On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 09:58:22AM +0100, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wanted to update our snapshot page
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds
> and noticed that I got a new wysiwig editor. The problem I have is
> that I generate the table and other sections with a script and copy
> paste them later in the wiki. Currently I am not able or at least
> haven't found how to switch to the old editor.
>
> Does anybody know how I can switch back to the old editor of if it is
> possible at all?

AFAIK It's not possible, you need to use the "Insert" button, it has
a "Wiki Markup" item, see
http://davidsimpson.me/2011/09/20/confluence-4-wiki-markup-is-dead-long-live-wiki-markup/
and http://minus.com/i/bbkQw6IXzmCO4 As said in one of the comments, you
can insert the Wiki Markup, but cannot edit it (as Wiki Markup).

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

Re: Problem with confluence wiki edit mode after upgrade

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 01:04:27PM +0100, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> >I wanted to update our snapshot page
> >https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds
> >and noticed that I got a new wysiwig editor. The problem I have is
> >that I generate the table and other sections with a script
>
> I think the only solution is to open a JIRA ticket for Infra and ask
> them to install/enable this plugin (or an equivalent workaround):
>
> https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.editor.confluence-source-editor

This plugin "allows users to view and edit the underlying storage format
for a Confluence page" (Jürgen will have to change his script to write
the output in that storage format - seems to be html markup, but who
knows...), it looks like there is another one that "allows entry and
editing of wiki markup inside a wiki-markup macro in Confluence pages",
see
http://blogs.atlassian.com/2011/11/why-we-removed-wiki-markup-editor-in-confluence-4/
(Anyway, we're lucky to still have MediaWiki)

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

Re: Problem with confluence wiki edit mode after upgrade

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 4:28 AM, Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On 1/13/14 1:20 PM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> >>>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds

> >> I think the only solution is to open a JIRA ticket for Infra and ask
> >> them to install/enable this plugin (or an equivalent workaround):
> >>

> https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.editor.confluence-source-editor
> >>

> > I agree this plugin can help at least to make it working.

I voted for this issue! I'm not crazy either about NOT being able to use
the underlying wiki code.

> > Juergen
> >

> >> Regards,
> >>   Andrea.

MzK

"Cats do not have to be shown how to have a good time,
 for they are unfailing ingenious in that respect."
                                       -- James Mason

Re: Problem with confluence wiki edit mode after upgrade

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.