Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by si...@godik.com on 2005/11/30 20:09:17 UTC

battling the size of the combined deployment plan

The preferred method of deployment is to have deployment plan that is external to the module.

For the non-trivial ear deployment plan gets too big quickly (see daytrader app for example)

I can think of 2 ways to make combined plan more managable.
1. Have a deployment plan template and write a preprocessor that assembles one plan from individual plans

2. Put individual deployment plans in a jar and submit module + plan-jar to the deployer. We can reuse alt-dd scheme but instead of being included in the meta-inf of the ear it will be passed in as a separate jar.

I'll open jira on these items
Simon