Posted to dev@trafodion.apache.org by Eric Owhadi <er...@esgyn.com> on 2015/08/04 16:01:47 UTC

Where are the logs for the first set of regression tests?

That may be an obvious question, but I can’t find the logs and diffs for
the first set of test showing up in the result of the runallsb:

I can see all the logs and diffs for categories like core, compGeneral etc,
but the first set of test labelled:

TEST001

TEST002

TEST003

TEST004

TEST005

TEST006

TEST015

TEST017

TEST018

TEST020

are not associated with a category, and they don’t have a subdirectory with
categoryname where I can find the other test results.

Thanks in advance for the help.

As a side note, if a test fails because of the compare, but the delta is
legit, what should one do? Update known diffs? Or set a new compare file?

Eric

RE: Where are the logs for the first set of regression tests?

Posted by Anoop Sharma <an...@esgyn.com>.
no, there is no tool.

Once you get your DIFF file and it is different than the existing known diff
file, then you should validate what the diff of diffs are.

If the diff of diffs is only due to line numbers, then check in the new
diff file as the known diff file.

if diffs are not just line num diffs, then you need to validate  that this
new
set of diffs is expected due to your changes. If yes, then check in the diff
as
the known diff.

anoop

Posted by Eric Owhadi <er...@esgyn.com>.

Posted by Sandhya Sundaresan <sa...@esgyn.com>.
Thanks Eric. Will add these points.

About runallsb, you do not need to set rundir and scriptsdir manually. The
script does it by itself  via the helper script "setuplnxenv".
As I have described, it needs to be manually set only when running
individual tests.

Thanks for your feedback !
Sandhya

Posted by Eric Owhadi <er...@esgyn.com>.
Sure I will as soon as I resume dealing with regression. I am completing the
feature first, as I see now that regression is not small task :-).
This is great to see all this stuff being checked automatically, but it
comes at a price.
Eric

Posted by Eric Owhadi <er...@esgyn.com>.
OK clear,

Posted by Suresh Subbiah <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi Eric,

Posted by Dave Birdsall <da...@esgyn.com>.

Posted by Eric Owhadi <er...@esgyn.com>.

Posted by Suresh Subbiah <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi Eric,

Posted by Eric Owhadi <er...@esgyn.com>.
Hi Qifan,
I understood the one that belong to a group like core,  compGeneral,
executor and all the other categories and was able to locate the logs and
diffs for these.
The problem is for the first set of results that don't belong to a category.
There is no subdirectory with the category name and the logs and diffs in
it.
And I happen to have lots of fails in this set (9 out of 10). Only test 17
pass. 1,2,3,4,5,6,15,18, 20 fail.

--
Regards, --Qifan

Re: Where are the logs for the first set of regression tests?

Posted by Qifan Chen <qi...@esgyn.com>.
Hi Eric,

--
Regards, --Qifan