Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Felipe Jaekel <fk...@gmail.com> on 2021/08/25 18:39:08 UTC

JSF clustering

Hi,

I always used Tomcat's parallel deployment to achieve zero downtime on my
JSF applications. I'm planning on dockerizing them, but I'd like to keep
zero downtime.

I'm familiar with AWS ECS. With the default configuration, when the service
is updated a new instance will be launched in parallel, and only when it's
ready requests are routed to it, so no 404s, but as the old instance gets
terminated right after the new one is ready, the users that were using it
loses their session and are redirected to the login page.

I thought about using memcached or maybe JDBCStore for session management,
but as the user would be redirected to a new version of the application
with an old view state in the session wouldn't JSF throw an exception if
the page structure has changed?

Thanks