Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Pablo Medina <pa...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/28 02:26:58 UTC

Replication metrics with more than one Peer/Slave

Hi all,

Knowing that replication metrics are global at the region server level in
HBase 0.94.13, what is the meaning of a metric like sizeOfLogQueue when
replicating to more than one peer/slave? Is it the queue size reported by
the "last" replication source thread ? does the last thread win ? Can I
have a situation where a replication source thread is hidden by the other
one ?. In general, how can I understand/analyze replication metrics with
more than one peer?

Thanks!

Pablo.

Re: Replication metrics with more than one Peer/Slave

Posted by Pablo Medina <pa...@gmail.com>.
I know that in 0.95 metrics are reported by peer. I want to understand what
is the expected behavior in 0.94.13. Can you share your experience when
looking at the metrics of more than one peer?

Posted by Asaf Mesika <as...@gmail.com>.