Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Talden <ta...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/12 23:35:02 UTC

Applying missing or incorrect 'auto-props' in Subversion 1.7

Is anyone aware of an alternative to svnprops.py (or an updated
version) that works with Subversion 1.7 (and on Windows)?

If not I'll get my hands dirty but python-fu is weak and it'd be great
not to have to reinvent the wheel unnecessarily.

--
Talden

Re: Applying missing or incorrect 'auto-props' in Subversion 1.7

Posted by Talden <ta...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 10:28 AM, Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 10:15:04AM +1300, Talden wrote:
>> On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 7:35 AM, Ryan Schmidt
>> <su...@ryandesign.com> wrote:

>> > svnprops.py doesn't work with 1.7? What happens?
>>
>> The version I have identifies svn controlled directories by looking
>> for .svn (rather than asking svn itself).
>>
>> I might rewrite it anyway - it's pretty slow. It calls propset for
>> each file rather than calling it once with a list of files matching
>> the auto-prop pattern.  It also calls out to svn rather than using the
>> bindings which I suspect would be quicker... I'll have a go at
>> installing those and reimplementing it, the experience might be useful
>> elsewhere.
>
> What script are you talking about? I cannot find a script called
> 'svnprops.py' anywhere within contrib/ or tools/.
>
> You are talking about applying auto-props, so maybe this script can help you?
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/subversion/trunk/contrib/client-side/svn_apply_autoprops.py

That's a slightly different version of the same script I originally
found online as svnprops.py (quite some time ago).  Notably my version
required help to find svn.exe (os.spawnvp on windows?)

I'll give this one a look over and try it out.

Posted by Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de>.

Posted by Talden <ta...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.