Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Dan Milstein <da...@shore.net> on 2002/05/10 17:18:26 UTC

StackOverflowError problem

I'm trying to get Velocity running under ATG's Dynamo app server (this is
part of a gradual migration from Dynamo to Tomcat).  The Velocity tests run
fine on my box, but every time Dynamo tries to initialize Velocity, it
throws a StackOverflowError.  I don't *think* the stack is actually
overflowing though -- it's not very deep.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

My environment:

Linux RedHat 7.0  (kernel 2.2.16-22)
IBM JDK 1.3.1 (build cxia32131-20020410)
jikes compiler
Dynamo 4.1.0

A few things I've tried which haven't helped:
 - Upgraded glibc (to 2.2.4)
 - Ran Java with -Xss1m and -Xoss1m
 - Checked ulimit -s (it's at 8M).

Thanks,