Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Daniel Cortes <dc...@fib.upc.edu> on 2005/01/10 10:12:52 UTC

Search results

I've return with my questions :)
I''ve indexed a lot of documents (.txt, .doc, .pdf , .java , .html ,
.htm ) and I use with modifications of examples at Lucene in action :D.
The schema of documents is:

path/name_document     Field.Keyword     (not toke,    stored,
indexed)
title                                 Field.Text            (token,
  stored,         indexed)
author                            Field.Keyword     (not token,
stored,         indexed)
summary                        Field.Text             (token,
stored,          indexed)
keys                               Field.Unstored     (token,      not
stored,    indexed)
date                                Field.UnIndexed  (not
token,stored,          not indexed)
body                              Field.Text             (token,
 not stored,   indexed)

I want to show the results like this :

title or name file            Author
Sumary
path            date

what do you think about this?

My question are what I do when I show results if documents haven't a
summary? I show the first lines of documents? Perhaps it is a silly
question but until now I haven't a solution.

PD: About the past thread of "Lucene In action" book I've bought Lucene
In Action by Amazon and total prize for me was 26.37$.
PD2: When my book arrive I let you rest of  my questions.
Thanks for all

Re: Search results

Posted by Miles Barr <mi...@runtime-collective.com>.
On Mon, 2005-01-10 at 10:12 +0100, Daniel Cortes wrote:
> My question are what I do when I show results if documents haven't a
> summary? I show the first lines of documents? Perhaps it is a silly
> question but until now I haven't a solution.

Take a look at the highlighter code in the sandbox. It can generate
summaries on the fly.

--
Miles Barr <mi...@runtime-collective.com>
Runtime Collective Ltd.