Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Alex McLintock <al...@OWAL.co.uk> on 2002/07/19 08:58:57 UTC

Know each other

At 12:14 18/07/02, Aaron wrote:
>I have a question.  It seems that you all kinda know each other. Where is
>everyone located?
>Aaron

Working with Open Source software is a pretty unpopular pastime - if I was
a BEA Weblogic expert for instance I would have people beating down my door
to get to know me :-)

I think most of the people on the general list are concerned with Apache
(or at least Jakarta) as a whole rather than just one particular Apache
project. It is only natural that people with the same interest get to know
more about each other and sometimes meet up in real life.

I would be quite keen to meet more Apache people in London or nearby but so
far the only person I know lives nearby is Pier Fumigalli and I still
haven't met him yet.

I'm particularly keen to hear from UK and other European companies doing
Apache Open Source so that I can add them to my OSS directory
http://www.OWAL.co.uk/oss_support/

Alex McLintock

Openweb Analysts Ltd, London.
Software For Complex Websites http://www.OWAL.co.uk/
Open Source Software Companies please register here
http://www.OWAL.co.uk/oss_support/

Re: Know each other

Posted by Jeff Martin <je...@mkodo.com>.
I'm kinda London based at the moment (Although I'm not really actively
apache at the moment)

I've also met both Vincent Massoll (Cactus) and Paul Hamett (Avalon)
both of whom have been know to attend XTC
http://www.xpdeveloper.com/cgi-bin/wiki.cgi?ExtremeTuesdayClub

On Fri, 2002-07-19 at 07:58, Alex McLintock wrote:
> At 12:14 18/07/02, Aaron wrote:
> >I have a question.  It seems that you all kinda know each other. Where is
> >everyone located?
> >Aaron
>
> Working with Open Source software is a pretty unpopular pastime - if I was
> a BEA Weblogic expert for instance I would have people beating down my door
> to get to know me :-)
>
> I think most of the people on the general list are concerned with Apache
> (or at least Jakarta) as a whole rather than just one particular Apache
> project. It is only natural that people with the same interest get to know
> more about each other and sometimes meet up in real life.
>
> I would be quite keen to meet more Apache people in London or nearby but so
> far the only person I know lives nearby is Pier Fumigalli and I still
> haven't met him yet.
>
> I'm particularly keen to hear from UK and other European companies doing
> Apache Open Source so that I can add them to my OSS directory
> http://www.OWAL.co.uk/oss_support/
>
> Alex McLintock
>

> Openweb Analysts Ltd, London.
> Software For Complex Websites http://www.OWAL.co.uk/
> Open Source Software Companies please register here
> http://www.OWAL.co.uk/oss_support/

jeff martin
information technologist
mkodo limited

mobile: 44 (0) 78 5547 8331
phone: 44 (0) 20 2226 4545
email: jeff@mkodo.com

www.mkodo.com

Re: Know each other

Posted by Jeff Martin <je...@custommonkey.org>.
I'm kinda London based at the moment (Although I'm not really actively
apache at the moment)

I've also met both Vincent Massoll (Cactus) and Paul Hamett (Avalon)
both of whom have been know to attend XTC
http://www.xpdeveloper.com/cgi-bin/wiki.cgi?ExtremeTuesdayClub

On Fri, 2002-07-19 at 07:58, Alex McLintock wrote:
> At 12:14 18/07/02, Aaron wrote:
> >I have a question.  It seems that you all kinda know each other. Where is
> >everyone located?
> >Aaron
>
> Working with Open Source software is a pretty unpopular pastime - if I was
> a BEA Weblogic expert for instance I would have people beating down my door
> to get to know me :-)
>
> I think most of the people on the general list are concerned with Apache
> (or at least Jakarta) as a whole rather than just one particular Apache
> project. It is only natural that people with the same interest get to know
> more about each other and sometimes meet up in real life.
>
> I would be quite keen to meet more Apache people in London or nearby but so
> far the only person I know lives nearby is Pier Fumigalli and I still
> haven't met him yet.
>
> I'm particularly keen to hear from UK and other European companies doing
> Apache Open Source so that I can add them to my OSS directory
> http://www.OWAL.co.uk/oss_support/
>
> Alex McLintock
>

> Openweb Analysts Ltd, London.
> Software For Complex Websites http://www.OWAL.co.uk/
> Open Source Software Companies please register here
> http://www.OWAL.co.uk/oss_support/

Jeff Martin

Memetic Engineer

http://www.custommonkey.org/

RE: Know each other

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org>.
I'm 30 miles sw of Glasgow, there's another guy in Scotland, and about a
dozen (if that) all together in the UK AFAIK.
d.