Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Shan Kajendran <sh...@adsgroup.com> on 2003/09/16 13:55:16 UTC

SVG to PDF Conversion

Dear Friends,

I am using Rasterizer in Batik to convert SVG into PDF.  It is
converting fine but the problem is the size.

12kb svg is converted into nearly 1.8 meg pdf.

Any idea?

Thanks
Shan

Re: SVG to PDF Conversion

Posted by Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com>.
Shan Kajendran wrote:
> Dear Friends,
>
> I am using Rasterizer in Batik to convert SVG into PDF.  It is
> converting fine but the problem is the size.
>
> 12kb svg is converted into nearly 1.8 meg pdf.

Hi Shan,

 > Any idea?

    There are quite a number of SVG features that need to be rasterized
for PDF. Like almost all filter effects, also some opacity operations
end up rasterizing (some of these could theoretically be avoided I think).