Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Marnie McCormack <ma...@googlemail.com> on 2006/11/21 12:03:47 UTC

Maven feedback fyi

Hi All,

FYI I've asked the Geronimo, MINA and Tapestry team to give us some feedback
on their experiences with maven. Copied the text below.

I'll post their responses (in summary) once they get back to me.

Just want to do a quick (random) straw poll before we get too much further.

Marnie

 Hi All,

I work on the Apache Incubator project Qpid. We are currently mid transition
to maven for build/release.

We've encountered a few issues along the way (snapshots, directory
structures etc). I wondered if you could give me some feedback on your
project's experiences with maven please ? Would you recommend it for use ?

Thanks in advance,
Marnie

Re: Maven feedback fyi

Posted by Marnie McCormack <ma...@googlemail.com>.
Steve,

I've had mixed reports about maven from other teams/projects I've worked on.
Some of them found/find it quite constraining and overly complex for simply
getting a build/release package. I can't see the harm in asking other teams
on Apache what they think.

I will post all feedback, good/bad/indifferent - and hadn't intended to
imply otherwise, and haven't suggested distrust.

I'm not playing games and have been neither insulting nor divisive in my
postings.

Tired of being flamed :-(

Marnie

Re: Maven feedback fyi