Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Crossley, Jim" <Jc...@tandbergtv.com> on 2007/02/06 15:56:02 UTC

Three plugins bound to the package phase

I'm close to having a beautiful maven (2.0.4) build using 3 handy
plugins:  appassembler, assembly, and rpm.

My app is a simple command line thing.  I use appassembler to create
wrapper shell scripts, and assembly to package it as a tarball.

I occasionally need to build an RPM, so I added a profile 'rpm' that
invokes the rpm-maven-plugin, but activating this profile reverses the
order of the executions of the other two.

In other words, this command runs appassembler, then assembly, as
expected:
  $ mvn package
But this one runs assembly *BEFORE* appassembler, and then rpm:
  $ mvn -Prpm package

WTF?  I require appassembler to run first, obviously.  I've tried
binding appassembler to an earlier phase, but it always fails,
apparently because it requires the jar built only in the package phase.

I could do away with the profile and always try to build the rpm (that
solves my plugin ordering problem) but it breaks the build when run on a
Windows platform.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Jim

Re: Three plugins bound to the package phase

Posted by franz see <fr...@gmail.com>.
Good day to you, Jim

There is no assurance to the order of the goals executed in a single phase
with maven 2.0.4. This is fixed however in 2.0.5 and in the trunk.

So you may want to use those instead of 2.0.4 so that you can fix the order
of your goals in your phases.

Cheers,
Franz