Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Greg Sterijevski <gs...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/29 04:24:44 UTC

[math] Documentation

Hello All,

What tool is used to create the documentation (if one is used at all)?
Specifically, I am looking in commons-math/src/site/xdoc/userguide
If I wanted to add to the regression portion of stat.xml what is the best
way to accomplish this (use vi or some wysiwyg editor)?

Thank you,

-Greg

Re: [math] Documentation

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.
On 9/9/11 10:19 PM, Greg Sterijevski wrote:
> Okay, I have begun nibbling on the doc. I will push a few changes I made in
> connection to doing no intercept regression in SimpleRegression.

Great!  I usually now fail at this, but I used to try to bundle all
of the following in commits that change or extend functionality:

0) atomic set of code changes associated with the feature (meaning,
just the changes for the feature)
1) update to changes.xml
2) update to user guide

This is kind of aspirational and all that really matter is that 1)
and 2) happen before release.  A good reason to postpone them is if
0) may be followed by a bunch more changes before the API stabilizes
and you don't want to suffer the pain of editing xdoc more than once
:)  In those cases, its best to leave the JIRA ticket open with a
comment saying user guide needs to be updated so we don't forget.

Phil

Re: [math] Documentation

Posted by Greg Sterijevski <gs...@gmail.com>.

Re: [math] Documentation