Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Chu ChooChoo <ch...@hotmail.com> on 2001/12/25 11:41:16 UTC

Some Questions About Xerces.

Hi, My name is Chu.

By now, I study in my 4th years for my bachelor degree and I have to develop
a project to complete it. The project  that I would like to do is about "
Music Notation Editor " that can edit music font , edit the lyrics, open and
save file, print out the note sheet and playback the sound that user edited.
It's a standalone application not web based.

I implemented the interface with Java Swing and I decide to use XML(MusicML)
as my prject's file format .

Here is the questions.

    How can I use Xerces Parser to parse xml file ?
    Do I have to implement the code that call the method provided manually ?
    How can I draw the musical characters on to the screen  from DOM tree ?
    Does Xerces can convert  DOM tree ---> xml file ?  How ?

Thanks you very much.
Chu.

PS : Sorry about my English skill if it make you hard to understand what I
say. :)