Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by #Cyrille37# <cy...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/22 15:10:10 UTC

[T4.1.2] Is there Client side validation for @RadioGroup ?

Hello,

it looks like that there is no client-side validation for @RadioGroup.

For the TextField the client-side validation works, but for @RadioGroup
only the server-side validation is called, no client-side event occured.

Is it normal ? Have I to look some where for more information ?
thanks
cyrille.

Re: [T4.1.2] Is there Client side validation for @RadioGroup ?

Posted by #Cyrille37# <cy...@gmail.com>.
Marcus.Schulte@bmw.ch a écrit :
> Looks like a bug to me. If you file a JIRA-issue for it, I'll have a closer look

Thanks a lot.
Here is the newly created Jira :
    https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-1663

Cyrille.

>>> dojo.require("tapestry.form");tapestry.form.registerForm("theForm");
>>> tapestry.form.focusField('text01');
>>> tapestry.form.clearProfiles('theForm');

Posted by Ma...@bmw.ch.

Posted by #Cyrille37# <cy...@gmail.com>.

Posted by #Cyrille37# <cy...@gmail.com>.
#Cyrille37# a écrit :
> #Cyrille37# a écrit :
>> For the TextField the client-side validation works, but for
>> @RadioGroup only the server-side validation is called, no client-side
>> event occured.
> For precision here is following the code at the end of the generated
> html page.
>
> In that code we can see that there is some client-side-validation for
> the @TextField "text01" and for the @RadioGroup "radioGroup01".
> But when submiting the form the client-side-validation for "text01" is
> triggered, but none for "radioGroup01".
>
> <script type="text/javascript"><!--
> dojo.addOnLoad(function(e) {
> dojo.require("tapestry.form");tapestry.form.registerForm("theForm");
> tapestry.form.focusField('text01');
> tapestry.form.clearProfiles('theForm');
> tapestry.form.registerProfile('theForm',
> {"required":["text01","radioGroup01"],
> "text01":{"required":["Vous devez entrer une valeur pour Le Text 01."]},
> "radioGroup01":{"required":["Vous devez entrer une valeur pour Le
> RadioGroup 01."]}
> });});
> // --></script>
So, after thinking a bit more (do not laught please ;-) ...
The "radioGroup01"'s validation could not work because there is not html
element for it. Only @Radio got a html element.

After reading the javascript code tapestry.form.validation I do not see
anything that match with the @RadioGroup specific needs.
Perhaps it miss ?

I continue to investigate, while the weekend ending and people coming
back to their keyboard.
;-)

cheers

Posted by #Cyrille37# <cy...@gmail.com>.