Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Ytai Ben-Tsvi <Yt...@cti2.com> on 2002/08/18 14:43:43 UTC

Bidi text

Hi,

I have this problem with batik:
When I use getBBox() on a text element it throws an
IllegalArgumentException if the text contains bidi text unless I specify
unicode-bidi="embed".

Can anyone explain this to me? I'm not sure I fully understand the
meaning of this attribute or the reason for this behavior.

Thanks.

Ytai  Ben-Tsvi
C T I Squared

Bidi text

Posted by Thomas E Deweese <th...@kodak.com>.

YBT> Hi, I have this problem with batik: When I use getBBox() on a
YBT> text element it throws an IllegalArgumentException if the text
YBT> contains bidi text unless I specify unicode-bidi="embed".

YBT> Can anyone explain this to me? I'm not sure I fully understand
YBT> the meaning of this attribute or the reason for this behavior.

Hi Yyai,

   If you could provide exactly what version of Batik you are using, a
full stack trace, and hopefully a small self-contained example, it
might be easier to help you.

RE: having trouble with Batik Extensions

Posted by Thierry Kormann <tk...@ilog.fr>.
MessageI don't have any experience of Batik extensions.  I just downloaded
the latest Batik 1.5b3 and ran it on Java 1.3.1_04, and couldn't get any
extensions like flowText or so running.  I heard that the extensions are
turned off by default, so how can I turn them on?  Anyone could give me some
advice?
  You need the developer version of Batik not the binary distribution.

  Thierry.

having trouble with Batik Extensions