Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Leticia Golubov <lg...@micromuse.com> on 2004/04/27 16:42:05 UTC

Multiple Actions

My page has 2 buttons in one form. One is the 'start' button, another one is
a 'refresh' button.

I use <html:image> (wouldn't mind using <html:img>, but couldn't set a value
for my property with that tag) tag for the buttons. I was wondering how I
could get my action to determine which button was clicked and have the
forward subsequently use the right method in my action?

I've tried this:

		 border="0" alt="Refresh"
	   	 property="mode"
	   	 value="refresh"
		 onclick="myForm.submit();"
	 	 onmouseover="javascript:SwapImage
('refresh','../../images/button_toolbar_refresh_over.png');
SetStatus('Refresh'); return true;"
		 onmouseout="javascript:SwapImage
'refresh','../../images/button_toolbar_refresh.png'); SetStatus(''); return
true;"
		 onmousedown="javascript:SwapImage
'refresh','../../images/button_toolbar_refresh_click.png');"

onmouseup="javascript:SwapImage('refresh','../../images/button_toolbar_refre
sh_over.png');" />

that will submit the action, but won't set the value...

please help?!

Leticia Golubov
Precision Developer
Micromuse Ltd.
Disraeli House
90 Putney Bridge Road
London, SW18 1DA
Tel: +44 (0) 20 8875 9500 ext: 290

It is intended solely for the addressee.  Access to this email by anyone
else is
unauthorised.

If you are not the intended recipient delete
it from your system.  Any unauthorised
disclosure, copying, distribution or action
taken in reliance on this message is
prohibited and my be unlawful.

Re: Multiple Actions

Posted by de...@wachovia.com.
I can't say with certainty, but I believe it does.

Dennis Graham

Michael McGrady <mi...@michaelmcgrady.com>
04/28/2004 08:03 AM

        cc:
        Subject:        Re: Multiple Actions

Does this solution work for multiple image buttons?  I am a bit confused
about this.  I am just getting into a solution for this problem, because I

am ready to put the skin on an application I have worked on for some
time.  When I get this end of the puzzle done, I have a generically cool
solution to the whole image display problem in Struts which I will
share.  I like this solution and think something similar by Ted Husted
might be the way to go too:
http://www.jguru.com/faq/view.jsp?EID=543699.  But, I am not sure exactly
how Ted's idea pans out in an actual use case either.  I really do best by

one simple page that works and I can figure out the theory from there.

Michael McGrady

Re: Multiple Actions

Posted by Michael McGrady <mi...@michaelmcgrady.com>.

RE: Multiple Actions

Posted by Leticia Golubov <lg...@micromuse.com>.
Well, one of The Men...  No offence to the others ;)

Posted by Leticia Golubov <lg...@micromuse.com>.

RE: Multiple Actions