Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by "Zhong, Yanghong" <ya...@ebay.com> on 2018/02/05 02:51:56 UTC

About adding new components

Hi kylin devs,

Since we have introduced a metrics framework in 2.3, https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KYLIN-2721, and we’re working on extract the cache module, it’s better to add new components for them correspondingly.

What’s more, for future commits, how about adding the component info for the commit message besides JIRA number, like SPARK. Then it will be much more informative.

Best regards,
Yanghong Zhong
Email: yangzhong@ebay.com
Mobile: +86 13706747741

Re: About adding new components

Posted by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org>.
Make sense to add a new component for "Metrics". Regarding "cache", Can you
describe the detail of "cache" component? Can it be a part of "Query
Engine"?

The component will be marked at JIRA level, so if the commit message has
JIRA number associated, user would know the component it affects; Besides,
commit message couldn't be updated, so I think it is not a good practice to
have component info on it.

--
Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi 史少锋