Posted to dev@lucenenet.apache.org by Itamar Syn-Hershko <it...@code972.com> on 2016/12/13 12:59:43 UTC

Lucene.NET 4.8 - a pre-release introduction (video + code)

We are about to release Lucene.NET 4.8, and it's time to show what it can
do, and how it can be done.

I just published a walkthrough video on Channel 9, you can watch it here:
https://channel9.msdn.com/Blogs/MVP-VisualStudio-Dev/LuceneNET-48-a-pre-release-introduction

The Demo application can be found at
https://github.com/synhershko/LuceneNetDemo

nuget packages can be downloaded from https://myget.org/gallery/lucene-net

Comments? questions? reach out to us on our mailing lists:
http://lucenenet.apache.org/community.html

Enjoy!

--

Itamar Syn-Hershko
Freelance Developer & Consultant

Re: Lucene.NET 4.8 - a pre-release introduction (video + code)

Posted by Itamar Syn-Hershko <it...@code972.com>.
No, analyzers are plain-text processors. You will need to transform binary
formats to plain text yourself. Tika is a great starting point.

--

Itamar Syn-Hershko
Freelance Developer & Consultant
Lucene.NET committer and PMC member

Posted by Itamar Syn-Hershko <it...@code972.com>.
Yes, there are a couple:
https://github.com/apache/lucenenet/tree/master/src/Lucene.Net.Analysis.Common/Analysis/En

All available from the Lucene.Net.Analsis.Common package on myget

KStem is today's industry standard

Posted by Itamar Syn-Hershko <it...@code972.com>.
Yes, there are a couple:

Posted by James Lewis <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Itamar Syn-Hershko <it...@code972.com>.

Posted by Francesco Abbruzzese <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Itamar ,

Posted by James Lewis <wi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot. Will check it out.

Posted by Matt Ross <ma...@tronik.co.uk>.
That would be amazing Itamar. Let me know which month next year suits your
calendar and I'll get something scheduled on our website.

Thanks for offering!

*Matt Ross, Director*

​​IM: tronikskype W: tronik.co.uk <http://www.tronik.co.uk/> IN: LinkedIn
<http://uk.linkedin.com/in/autonomatt/>

T: +44 (0) 113 815 1789 E: matt@tronik.co.uk

Company Reg: 7160968 | VAT: 989114676

Posted by Moray McConnachie <mm...@oxford-analytica.com>.
I might even be willing to make a pilgrimage to Leeds :->
Best,
Moray

Moray McConnachie
Director of IT
T: +44 1865 261 630
M: +44 7876 330 552
www.oxan.com

http://code972.com | @synhershko <https://twitter.com/synhershko> Freelance Developer & Consultant Lucene.NET committer and PMC member

On Tue, Dec 13, 2016 at 3:57 PM, Matt Ross <ma...@tronik.co.uk> wrote:

> Is anyone on this list interested in giving a talk on Lucene.NET 4.8
> in
> 2017 at Leeds Sharp <http://www.meetup.com/Leeds-Sharp/> in Leeds, UK?
> Expenses paid. We're planning our 2017 talks so if you're interested
> let me know.
>
> Itamar, I hope you don't mind me asking here. We're a humble .NET user
> group in the North of England, and I think a Lucene.NET talk would
> attract a lot of interest.
>
> Cheers,
> Matt
>
> On 13 December 2016 at 12:59, Itamar Syn-Hershko <it...@code972.com>
> wrote:
>
> > We are about to release Lucene.NET 4.8, and it's time to show what
> > it can do, and how it can be done.
> >
> > I just published a walkthrough video on Channel 9, you can watch it here:
> > https://channel9.msdn.com/Blogs/MVP-VisualStudio-Dev/
> > LuceneNET-48-a-pre-release-introduction
> >
> > The Demo application can be found at
> > https://github.com/synhershko/LuceneNetDemo
> >
> > nuget packages can be downloaded from https://myget.org/gallery/
> lucene-net
> >
> > Comments? questions? reach out to us on our mailing lists:
> > http://lucenenet.apache.org/community.html
> >
> > Enjoy!
> >
> > --
> >
> > Itamar Syn-Hershko
> > Freelance Developer & Consultant Lucene.NET committer and PMC member

This message and any attachments are confidential and/or privileged. If this has been sent to you in error, please do not use, retain or disclose them, and contact the sender as soon as possible.

Oxford Analytica Ltd
Registered in England: No. 1196703
5 Alfred Street, Oxford
United Kingdom, OX1 4EH

Re: Lucene.NET 4.8 - a pre-release introduction (video + code)

Posted by Itamar Syn-Hershko <it...@code972.com>.

Posted by Matt Ross <ma...@tronik.co.uk>.

RES: Lucene.NET 4.8 - a pre-release introduction (video + code)

Posted by Jhonathan S Soares <jh...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks a lot for the information Itamar!

Att

Jhonathan S Soares
55 11 95160 9858
 <http://www.codigosimples.net> www.codigosimples.net
 <http://www.jhonathansoares.com> www.jhonathansoares.com

Enviada em: terça-feira, 13 de dezembro de 2016 11:00
Para: dev@lucenenet.apache.org; user@lucenenet.apache.org

http://code972.com <http://code972.com/>  | @synhershko <https://twitter.com/synhershko>

Posted by Francesco Abbruzzese <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Itamar ,