Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by David Garrett <dg...@communication.concepts.cc> on 2007/07/05 03:23:57 UTC

RE: Outsourced Warehouse

Is there a way to configure ofbiz to work with an outsourced warehouse.

If so ...
Can you point me to the right areas
How does Ofbiz tell the wharehouse to do the shipment?
How does the interface to Invoicing and Payments get intitiated?
How do we sync stock levels?

If not ...
Are there any suggestions as to how to get it operational?
Is it best/easiest to send shipping requests incrementally or batched (eg
daily)?
Is there a VERY simple way to work with an outsourced warehouse (which does
not use Ofbiz)?

Thanks
David

Re: Outsourced Warehouse

Posted by Scott Gray <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi David

You'll find the hooks in oagis/servicedef/secas.xml

Regards
Scott

RE: Outsourced Warehouse

Re: Outsourced Warehouse

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

RE: Outsourced Warehouse

RE: Outsourced Warehouse

Re: Outsourced Warehouse

Posted by Anil Patel <ap...@adititechlabs.com>.
David,

RE: Outsourced Warehouse

Posted by David Garrett <dg...@communication.concepts.cc>.
BJ,

My client imports goods to a managed warehouse. The warehouse does not/will
not be using or accessing ofbiz.

The client until now have just sent a daily XL spreadsheet of shipment
requests.

Does this fit your facility/vendor model or the "fulfillment house" model? I
am not sure I understand the terminology or distinction.

David

I had to write some code for each vendor to keep inventory in the facility
updated.
kinda crude.

not if you talking about a fulfillment house that is a different story.

David Garrett sent the following on 7/4/2007 6:23 PM:

Re: Outsourced Warehouse

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.