Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Kanwaljit Singh <ba...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/29 09:10:15 UTC

Hive with SSL metastore

Hi,

In my deployment I have an SSL connection only PostGre SQL server.

I tried giving the postgres IP with &SSL=true, but Hive is unable to find
the certificates. I have no clue where Hive or PG's JDBC client driver look
for certificates. Any help in this regard would be appreciated!

Re: Hive with SSL metastore

Posted by Jitendra Yadav <je...@gmail.com>.
I haven't tried it, but I think you need to create trust store/key store
file using existing certificates.

*keytool -import -alias <alias> -file <path-to-cerficate-file> -keystore
<truststorefile>*

And then you need to provide the TrustStore location in jdbc connection
string

jdbc:Host://<host>:port>/<database>;ssl=true;*
sslTrustStore=<path-to-truststore>*;sslTrustStorePassword=<password>

Hope this will help you.

Thanks