Posted to doxia-dev@maven.apache.org by Vincent Siveton <vi...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/02 12:41:47 UTC

Re: svn commit: r799837 - in /maven/doxia/doxia-tools/trunk/doxia-linkcheck/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/doxia/linkcheck/validation: LinkValidatorManager.java OnlineHTTPLinkValidator.java

Hi Dennis,

2009/8/2 Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>:
> These are logically not necessary, but are put in there for performance
> reasons. Only if the logger is in debug mode (in this case) will the 3
> String objects it uses actually be created by the JVM. Otherwise no
> objects will be created, resulting in slightly enhanced
> performance/memory usage. At least if used in heavy loops.

Definitely agree for the performance, it was why I added them in the
past r709693 :)

In this revision, I added some message objects for logging but agree I
removed some unwanted checks.

Cheers,

Vincent