Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by swap <sw...@gmail.com> on 2018/04/10 10:30:53 UTC

Ignore Field from indexing

Hi

I have document indexed. Email-Id is unique key in document. On updating I
need to ignore few field if its already exists. Please let me know if
something more required.

Re: Ignore Field from indexing

Posted by Emir Arnautović <em...@sematext.com>.
Hi,
You have two options when it comes to updating:
1. Send complete document with the same id that will replace existing document.
2. Use atomic updates to send changes, but not that fields need to be stored: https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/6_6/updating-parts-of-documents.html#UpdatingPartsofDocuments-AtomicUpdates <https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/6_6/updating-parts-of-documents.html#UpdatingPartsofDocuments-AtomicUpdates>

Solr (Lucene) does not support actual updating of indexed document, but only flagging existing document as deleted and inserting a new document with same id. It needs to know all values of this new document and it can come from a client (option 1) or it can use existing document to read some values (option 2).

HTH,
Emir