Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Anurup Pavuluri <ap...@andrew.cmu.edu> on 2006/12/06 20:35:19 UTC

MapReduce parameter sensitivity

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could throw some light on how the performance
of MapReduce is effected by parameters such as number of Maps, number of
Reduces, buffer sizes etc.

If someone could tell which parameters effect the performance I will try
to experiment with them myself.

Thanks,
Anurup

Re: MapReduce parameter sensitivity

Posted by howard chen <ho...@gmail.com>.
On 12/7/06, Anurup Pavuluri <ap...@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if anyone could throw some light on how the performance
> of MapReduce is effected by parameters such as number of Maps, number of
> Reduces, buffer sizes etc.
>
> If someone could tell which parameters effect the performance I will try
> to experiment with them myself.
>
> Thanks,
> Anurup

from the hadoop page, i forgot the link,said that...

if numbers of node, n

mapper = n * 10
reducer = n * 3

would give good performance