Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by K F <kf...@yahoo.com> on 2016/11/14 16:52:36 UTC

Tomstones impact on repairs both anti-entropy and read repair

Hi Folks,
I have a table that has lot of tombstones generated and has caused inconsistent data across various datacenters. we run anti-entropy repairs and also have read_repair_chance tuned-up during our non busy hours. But yet when we try to compare data residing in various replicas across DCs, we see inconsistency.
My question to the community is will tombstone cause issues in data consistency across the DCs.
Thanks.

Re: Tomstones impact on repairs both anti-entropy and read repair

Posted by Alain RODRIGUEZ <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

> My question to the community is will tombstone cause issues in data
> consistency across the DCs.

It might, if your repairs are not succeeding for some reason or not running
fully (all the token ranges) within gc_grace_second (parameter at the table
level)

I wrote a blog post and talked about that at the summit, see:

http://thelastpickle.com/blog/2016/07/27/about-deletes-and-tombstones.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lReTEcnzl7Y

Let me know if you still have questions after reading / listening to this.

C*heers,
Alain Rodriguez - @arodream - alain@thelastpickle.com
France

http://www.thelastpickle.com