Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by jodehaes <jo...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/02 14:31:28 UTC

DIH + signature

Hi,

I'm using solr 3.3 and want to add a signature field to solr to later be
able to deduplicate search results using field collapsing.  I'm using DIH to
fill solr.

Extract from solrconfig.xml

<updateRequestProcessorChain name="dedupe">
    <processor
class="solr.update.processor.SignatureUpdateProcessorFactory">
      <bool name="enabled">true</bool>
      <bool name="overwriteDupes">false</bool>
      <str name="signatureField">signature</str>
      <str name="fields">ctcontent</str>
      <str
name="signatureClass">solr.update.processor.Lookup3Signature</str>
    </processor>
    <processor class="solr.LogUpdateProcessorFactory" />
    <processor class="solr.RunUpdateProcessorFactory" />
</updateRequestProcessorChain>

<requestHandler name="/dataimport"
class="org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DataImportHandler">
          <lst name="defaults">
          <str name="config">data-config.xml</str>
          <str name="update.processor">dedupe</str>
        </lst>
</requestHandler>

in the schema.xml there is:

<field name="signature" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"
multiValued="false" />
and
<field name="ctcontent" type="text_nl_splitting" indexed="true"
stored="true" termVectors="on" termPositions="on" termOffsets="on"/>

When I run a full-import however the signature field remains empty.  Any
insight on what I'm doing wrong would be greatly appreciated!

Kind regards,

Jo

Re: DIH + signature

Posted by jodehaes <jo...@gmail.com>.
Follow-up on this issue.

I eventually found the problem.

The naming scheme changed from solr 3.2 onwards.

The line as it states in the documentation:
<str name="update.processor">dedupe</str>

should now be:
<str name="update.chain">dedupe</str>