Posted to xap-dev@incubator.apache.org by James Margaris <jm...@nexaweb.com> on 2006/10/13 23:27:37 UTC

AbstractTagImpl.fireEvent() argument order

The most common use for this method is to pass in an event name and a
client event, which means you have to call it like:

fireEvent("myEvent",null,null,event);

I would like to swap the argument order so that the client event comes
second. I think this is a LOT more intuitive as the last two arguments
are barely ever used.

Opinions?

James Margaris

RE: AbstractTagImpl.fireEvent() argument order

Posted by Michael Turyn <MT...@nexaweb.com>.
That seems o.k., except that I'd rather not encourage the JS-oid tendency to
leave off arguments, especially as null != <undefined>.

I personally don't mind putting in two null arguments, regardless of where
they are; why not keep "fireEvent" for a two-argument method, and something
better (I don't feel like suggesting something right now, given that I just
remembered that Icame up with "AbstractBlackBoxWidgetBridge") for the full-
argument version?