Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Mingfeng Yang <mf...@wisewindow.com> on 2013/11/22 20:07:33 UTC

can't overwrite and can't delete by id

Recently, I found out that  I can't delete doc by id or overwrite a doc
 from/in my SOLR index which is based on SOLR 4.4.0 version.

Say, I have a doc  http://pastebin.com/GqPP4Uw4  (to make it easier to
view, I use pastebin here).  And I tried to add a dynamic field "rank_ti"
to it, want to make it like http://pastebin.com/dGnRRwux

Funny thing is that after I inserted the new version of doc, if I do query
"curl 'localhost:8995/solr/select?wt=json&indent=true&q=id:28583776' " ,
 the two versions above will appear randomly. And after half a minute,
 version 2 will disappear, which means the update is not get write into the
disk.

I tried to delete by id with rsolr, and the doc just can't be removed.

Insert new doc into the index is fine though.

Anyone ran into this strange behavior before?

Thanks
Ming

Re: can't overwrite and can't delete by id

Posted by Per Steffensen <st...@designware.dk>.
Believe it would be easier to help you out if you
* Tell exactly what you do when you try to update the doc
* Show your solrconfig.xml (especially the UpdateHandler-part)
* Tell how your shards are distributed. Is it 4 shards on one Solr-node,
or is it 4 Solr-nodes with one shard each, or... Assume you are running
"cloud"-mode and that the shards belong to the same collection?
Any custom routing?

Regards, Per Steffensen

Posted by Mingfeng Yang <mf...@wisewindow.com>.