Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/03 16:56:08 UTC

Improved git commit notification subjects

Hi,

Currently it's a bit hard to tell about which of our Git repositories
a given commit notification mail is about. To fix this I'd like to
change the commit notification subject template from "git commit:
${summary}" to "${repository} commit: ${summary}" with the
"incubator-cordova-" prefix removed from ${repository}. Any objections
or alternative ideas?

On a similar subject, how do people find the commit notifications? Do
you follow them, and if yes, could they be improved to be more useful?
Should we also provide alternative notification channels like web
feeds, IRC notifications or tweets?

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: Improved git commit notification subjects

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.
+1 I follow the commit emails as well. Improving the email subject to
have the platform in it would be great!

Posted by Anis KADRI <an...@gmail.com>.
I follow them as well!

Posted by Jesse <pu...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Patrick Mueller <pm...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 10:56, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Currently it's a bit hard to tell about which of our Git repositories
> a given commit notification mail is about. To fix this I'd like to
> change the commit notification subject template from "git commit:
> ${summary}" to "${repository} commit: ${summary}" with the
> "incubator-cordova-" prefix removed from ${repository}. Any objections
> or alternative ideas?

+1

Posted by Filip Maj <fi...@adobe.com>.

On 12-02-03 7:56 AM, "Jukka Zitting" <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Currently it's a bit hard to tell about which of our Git repositories
>a given commit notification mail is about. To fix this I'd like to
>change the commit notification subject template from "git commit:
>${summary}" to "${repository} commit: ${summary}" with the
>"incubator-cordova-" prefix removed from ${repository}. Any objections
>or alternative ideas?

+1 - esp. puzzling when someone pushes up just a tag, it contains the tag
name but no reference to code/repository so it's a mystery tag :)

>On a similar subject, how do people find the commit notifications? Do
>you follow them, and if yes, could they be improved to be more useful?
>Should we also provide alternative notification channels like web
>feeds, IRC notifications or tweets?

I think they are very useful and I do follow them to keep up on changes to
all the different platforms. We used to have a twitter account for
phonegap commits - should we get that back online for Cordova?