Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Adam Kaminiecki <ad...@dgt.com.pl> on 2010/12/20 15:41:44 UTC

Java client and C# client sending serialized object

Hi,

I have a question and I need your answer.
Please reply as fast you can.

Is it possible to send serialized object from C# client to Java client?

Will it work? Types will be maped properly? Are any conditions when its
work or not?

Regards,
Adam

believed to be clean.

Re: Java client and C# client sending serialized object

Posted by Sebastian Rodriguez <sr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Adam,

Another solution would be to create an xsd for the objects you want to
communicate through activeMQ.
Like that, you will be able to serialize / deserialize these xml objects
pretty easily on both sides.

This is not really an ActiveMQ problem actually, activeMQ is just the
"delivery boy", so you just needs to make sure that whatever is sent through
it can be read properly on the other side.

Seb

--
Sebastien Rodriguez

Re: Java client and C# client sending serialized object

Posted by Johan Edstrom <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 2010-12-21 at 00:01 +0100, Adam Kaminiecki wrote:
> Thats really bad. Are you sure that?? Because its message-oriented
> middleware! Different client different systems should be able to
> communicate!

You can send the standard set of JMS Message types, Text, Bytes, Stream,
Map;  you just can't send ObjectMessage for obvious reasons.  You can
marshal your C# objects to XML and then use something like XStream on
the Java side to unmarshal them into a matching Java class.

Regards

--
Tim Bish

Re: Java client and C# client sending serialized object

Posted by Adam Kaminiecki <ad...@dgt.com.pl>.

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.