Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Simon Brooke <si...@weft.co.uk> on 2001/04/14 12:02:19 UTC

ANN: Tool for converting JServ-style properties files to web.xml

Over the past few months we've been converting a considerable number of
Web applications from Servlet 2.0 (JServ type) to Servlet 2.2 (Tomcat
style). One of the major chores in doing this has been converting
Servlet zone properties files into web.xml format, and so of course
we've written a utility class to do this. I've now packaged this class
up as a Servlet, and it is on the Web at

<URL:http://unstable.weft.co.uk/p2wx/>

Documentation and source-code are also available from that URL.

It's on our 'unstable' server because it is not fully tested, and may
break. We absolutely do not guarantee that this service will do
anything useful at all. Nevertheless, you are welcome to use it and if
you do find it useful that's great. Note that it's not (in it's present
guise) hugely secure; your properties file gets uploaded to our server,
and our admins could in principle read it.

--
Simon Brooke 	 -- Weft Technology Ltd -- 	http://www.weft.co.uk/

	the weft is not just what binds the web: it is what makes it a web