Posted to dev@predictionio.apache.org by Pat Ferrel <pa...@occamsmachete.com> on 2016/08/02 16:52:52 UTC

Re: Support mailing list policy

There are example templates in the donation and i think they are the ones used for the integration test work being done (or should be).

OK so templates are authors support responsibility and pio is supported here. This will cause some confusion since templates come from many authors. For the time being ActionML will pick up support for any template we can. I’ll also add to the template gallery a place in the yaml for a link to support, when the new gallery is ready.

On Aug 2, 2016, at 8:38 AM, Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

Please repost to dev@, this isn't a matter for private@

> On Aug 2, 2016, at 8:03 AM, Pat Ferrel <pa...@occamsmachete.com> wrote:
>
> Since Simon made the old pio Google Group read only there have been no posts to the Apache user list and afaik no subscribes. This is not a good thing.

Indeed.

An Apache branded release with PR from the foundation (we can coordinate) and mentions of it through (social) media channels will raise awareness of the move. When people want to use or have trouble with the new software, signing up to the Apache list will be worth their time to get community support, just like it was before with the Google groups.

> Once we get a merged build and release we (ActionML) will start forwarding pio only questions from our forum to the Apache user list.
>
> It seems like the support policy should be pure pio questions (actually very few are purely pio) go to Apache user list. But ALL template questions will now be supported by the template authors. The pio templates were not donated and AML has it’s own support forum for it’s templates.
>
> Does this sound right?

I think that's how it has to be.

I also imagine the project is going to want to come up with a set of 'core templates', or call them examples, but templates that ship with PIO and provide turnkey end to end experience for newcomers and the curious evaluator.

Re: Support mailing list policy

Posted by Simon Chan <si...@salesforce.com>.
I will work on confirming the donation of original official PredictionIO
templates.

Simon